Update – round 9 vouchers have been fully allocated so no more vouchers are available until later in 2017.
Sunnybank Saints has decided for the 2017 season that registrations must be accompanied by payment in order to secure a place in a team.
The club understands that many families rely on the Queensland Government’s Get Started vouchers to offset the cost of registration fees and we will honour these.
At this time there is uncertainty around how round 9 of the program will operate in 2017. It is expected that vouchers will be available from 25 January 2017 which is only a few days prior to the club’s sign on days on 27 and 28 January 2017. However the government is also reviewing eligible referral agents, i.e. who can endorse the voucher application. Refer https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/sports/funding/getinthegame/getstarted/apply/
In order to offer our returning players as much certainty in team placement as possible, the club will accept registrations with vouchers as follows:
- If you anticipate securing a voucher in January 2017 you can register early and pay only the difference between fees owing and the voucher amount ($150). Your registration will be processed and your place in the team secured.
- When you obtain the voucher in January 2017 you must immediately forward this to the club for processing. These must be received by the club by 9:00pm Friday 27 January.
- If you fail to obtain a voucher or fail to provide it to the club you must pay the $150 difference to the club by 9:00pm Friday 27 January to retain your place in a team.
- After 9:00pm 27 January 2017 any registrations for returning players that are not fully paid will be treated on equal terms as new registrations, i.e. players will only be allocated to teams when full payment is received. This may jeopardise your place in a team if it has already been filled.
- If a voucher is provided to the club after you have already paid full fees the club will refund you the value of the voucher.
Sunnybank Saints hopes to welcome you back for an exciting season of football in 2017.